Submit your Artwork
Join Art for the Journey for an art gallery style fundraising event to benefit people who are often forgotten members of our community. Help us help others through art & creative expression, and come enjoy the evening with us! The event will feature a silent and live auction of beautiful Artwork by both local artists and program participants.
Art for the Journey is a nonprofit organization that promotes well-being and healing of children and adults through creative expression, with a special focus on people who otherwise do not have such opportunities.
Thursday evening, October 26, 2017, at Independence Golf Club, Midlothian, VA, 5:30 p.m.
CALL FOR ENTRY DETAILS
- Artwork can include oils, acrylics, watercolors and/or pastels, and must be original.
- A maximum of five paintings may be entered for consideration although not all may be chosen.
- There are no size restrictions as a variety of sizes will be chosen.
- All artists are responsible for delivery and pickup.
- It is recommended (required) that the artists attend the gala so that they can interact with Art for the Journey’s supporters and purchasers of artwork.
- Complete enclosed form (adding details for each piece of artwork (e.g., title of work, dimensions, year, medium, and price). This form was created in Google docs. Instructions: (1) complete the form, (2) save to your computer; and (3) attach to your email submission
- Artist’s work that is juried into this show must be available for sale.
- There is no fee to enter your artwork for consideration. However, 50% of the proceeds from any sale will go to funding Art for the Journey programs.
DEADLINES FOR SUBMISSIONS
- Artwork images, description of size and medium can be sent by email to Mark Hierholzer at email@example.com by Friday, September 22. The artwork must be framed for the gala. It does not have to be framed for the selection process although a framed piece generally views better than unframed.
- If selected, artists will be notified by email by Monday, October 2.
- If selected for display, framed artwork must be delivered to Art for the Journey studio no later than Sunday, October 15. The studio address is 111 Willow Oaks Road, Richmond, VA 23238. Please schedule drop-offs by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
SALE OF ARTWORK: If the artwork is sold at the Gala, 50% of the proceeds will be paid to the artist after 10 day processing.
JURORS: Mark Hierholzer and panel
ENTRY FORM: Click the entry form link below to get started. If you have any problems with this form, please contact Theresa Halpin.
Instructions: (1) complete the form, (2) save to your computer; and (3) attach to your email submission