Work with inmates participating in the outreach program art class
- Where: Goochland Women’s Correctional Facility, VA
- Days: Second and Fourth Wednesday
- Commitment Required: Travel to and from, entry and set up and two hour art class (3.5 hours)
- Background check by Goochland Women’s Correctional Center
- Onsite volunteer Training Pre-clearance required
Openings Minds through Art (OMA) at St. Mary’s Woods
- Days: 2-3 hours – one day per week (7-10 week sessions). Next session begins March 18 through April 29, 2016. Commitment required for full session.
- When: Every Friday, 9:30 AM to noon (class is one hour session)
- Student volunteers are provided transportation
- Where: Saint Mary’s Woods Retirement Community
- Prerequisites: Training provided by Art for the Journey OMA-Certified Instructors
Art Program for Lower Income Seniors
Arts instruction for adults in affordable and accessible living
- Days: Every Thursday, 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm. Class is one hour session.
- Where: Marywood Elderly Apartments, Henrico, VA
- Prerequisites: Painting and drawing interest
Teach with children participating in art camps
- Duration: Ten Weeks
- Where: Independence Golf Club, Midlothian, VA
- Art Teacher: Working or experienced artists approved for teaching by Art for the Journey. Background check required. (paid position, contact Art for the Journey for additional info)
- Art Assistant: interest in art education and/or painting and drawing background or interest
Program for Adults with Mental and Physical Challenges
Share your time teaching arts to adults with serious mental and physical challenges
- Days: not applicable. Program inactive pending additional volunteer recruitment.
- Where: Lakeside Center, Richmond, VA
- Prerequisites: Some art skill and interest in painting and drawing. The program is meant to be easy and stress free for participants. Art experience is similar to a paint night.